Position the patient supine, with relaxed abdomen and bent legs if possible. A good image is obtained if patient will stop breathing after inhaling.
- Switch Echocardiography Simulator to B-Mode. Initially Simulator is set to B-Mode.
- Using Slider and Buttons <<Skeleton>> Choose appropriate transparency level.
- Choose position " Subcostal 4 Chamber " from the List <<Positions>> or
Find Subcostal 4 Chamber View with 3D Transducer
Echocardiography Transducer is located 2-3 cm below the xiphoid. transducer marker is located to the left (to the right of the researcher). Central ultrasonic beam is directed up and left (See Operations on Transducer).
Following heart structures are visualized on the screen:
- LA-Left Atrium.
- LV-Left Ventricle.
- AL-Anterior Leaflet of the Mitral Valve.
- PL-Posterior Leaflet of the Mitral Valve.
- IVS-Interventricular Septum.
- IAS-Interatrial Septum.
- RA-Right Atrium.
- RV-Right Ventricle.
- TV-Tricuspid Valve.