This position is used to study the left ventricle and mitral valve, for planimetric measurement of the Mitral Valve Area (MVA Tracing).
- Switch Echocardiography Simulator to B-Mode. Initially Simulator is set to B-Mode.
- Using Slider and Buttons <<Skeleton>> Choose appropriate transparency level.
- Choose position " Parasternal Short MV " from the List <<Positions>> or
Find Left Parasternal View, Short axis at the level of Mitral Valve with 3D Transducer
To obtain this position, first we have to find Left Parasternal View, Short Axis at the level of Aortic Valve . Then tilt the Transducer little down.
Following heart structures are visualized on the screen:
- RV-Right ventricle.
- LV-Left Ventricle.
- AL-Anterior Leaflet of the Mitral Valve.
- PL-Posterior Leaflet of the Mitral Valve.