Apical 5 Chamber View is diversity of the Apical 4 Chamber View. It makes it possible not only study the left and right parts of the heart, but also the outflow tract of the left ventricle, the aortic valve and the ascending aorta (the initial part of the ascending aorta).
The Apical 5 Chamber View is used to study the flow in the outflow tract of the left ventricle and in the ascending aorta with the Color and Spectral Doppler.
- Switch Echocardiography Simulator to B-Mode. Initially Simulator is set to B-Mode.
- Using Slider and Buttons <<Skeleton>> Choose appropriate transparency level.
- Choose position " Apical 5 Chamber " from the List <<Positions>> or
Find Apical 5 Chamber View with 3D Transducer
To obtain this position First we have to find Apiucal 4 Chamber View. The Echocardiography Transducer is positioned in the same way as in the apical four-chamber position, but the Central ultrasonic beam is tilted slightly to the top (See Operations on Transducer). In this case, the ultrasound beam also crosses the ascending part of the aorta.
Following heart structures are clearly visualized on the screen:
- LA-Left Atrium.
- LV-Left Ventricle.
- AL-Anterior Leaflet of the Mitral Valve.
- PL-Posterior Leaflet of the Mitral Valve.
- IVS-Interventricular Septum.
- IAS-Interatrial Septum.
- RA-Right Atrium.
- RV-Right Ventricle.
- TV-Tricuspid Valve.
- Ao-Proximal part of the aorta.
- AV-Aortic Valve.
- APEX-Apex of the Heart.